Thursday, March 25, 2010

3/26 Genesis 34 and on

Sisters and Brother,

This week, we are continuing on chapter 34.

As a classical story for eye-on-eye, Dinah's brothers, Simeon and Levi, slaughter all the males in the city in revenge of Shechem's act on Dinah. Although the act may not be considered appropriate in today's standard, the action taken by Levi seems to inline with the function of Israel's 12 tribes. For Levi enforces the law and we see that in the book of Joshua.

Holy week starts next week although the world doesn't stop. Everything goes on regularly. The work schedule remains the same, the school activities remain the same, tax due day remains the same. How are we going to make next week "holy" remains in me. Let's pray to the Lord and may him guide us to follow his foot step. May we all fill with "holiness", at least one week a year.

in Christ,
Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.